THE original, requires a campfire, 2 honey grahms. 2 jumbo marshmallows, a single Hershey's chocolate bar and feeds 2!
- start your fire and let it burn...
- take two honey graham cracker sheet and break each sheet in half (you'll have 4 sheets all together)
- take one bar of Hershey's milk chocolate and break in half
- place chocolate bar on one of the cracker halves, set aside...
- stick one jumbo marshmallow at the end of a stick
- toast to desired degree of golden brown (i personally like it very very brown, but not quite incinerated)
- immediately add toasted marshmallow on top of chocolate to cracker, top with other half of cracker
- let it sit for a moment to let the chocolate melt a bit before enjoying
Anne Dara's favorite variation #1:
- substitute Reese's Peanut Butter cup for the Hershey's bar
- around Easter time you can purchase "Wonka's Golden Eggs" (I think these used to be called "PB mallows") these look like creme eggs but are filled with marshmallow cream and peanut butter. Mmmmmmmmm. You can break these in half and eat them on top of Graham crackers.
Anne Dara's favorite variation #2
- substitute dark chocolate for milk chocolate
- substitue cinnamon grahams or gingersnaps for honey grahams
smore based recipes...
coming soon: s'mores bars, s'mores cake, snobby s'mores from scratch